Want to launch a couple hundred servers in 10 minutes?
RightBrain Networks--a cloud computing consulting and software engineering firm--is seeking a Cloud Solutions Enginner (CSE) based out of our Ann Arbor, Michigan office. You'll gain real, hands-on experience working with some the most in-demand technologies: "Big Data", natural language processing, cloud computing, DevOps, and more. We are considering candidates that have backgrounds in both Linux and/or Windows administration.
Our technical team specializes in building, consulting on, and managing complex, highly-scalable Internet-based applications. We are both a Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS) Advanced Consulting Partner. Our clients are located all over the globe and include everyone from Silicon Valley start-ups to Fortune 500 companies. They all rely on us to keep their critical cloud infrastructure online 24x7.
In this role you would be working with a team of 3-5 people on cloud migration and ops automation projects. This includes: setting up server orchestration tools (Salt Stack, Chef, etc) to automatically provision environments, creating load-balanced groups of virtual machines, There will be an intense amount of on-the-job learning and the opportunity to grow as a professional. This role reports directly to the Director of Cloud Architecture.
Why would you want to work here?
- Strong engineering culture--management is all engineers, not MBAs.
- Collaborative DevOps atmosphere
- Back-to-back recipient of the bi-annual "Coolest Places to Work in Michigan" award (2014 & 2016)
- #250 on the Inc. 500 "Fastest Growing Private Companies in America" list for 2016.
- Flexible vacation time, excellent health insurance, 401k with employer match, and other great benefits.
- Very unique working environment; you'll always be technically challenged and never bored.
- A minimum of two years of IT support experience in a customer-facing role with strong communication skills.
- Solid grasp of how the Internet works at a technical level: DNS, routing, security, etc.
- An understanding of cloud computing (at least conceptually)
- Must be available for occasional after-hours, on-call support.
- Must be local to SE Michigan and available for up to 10% out-of-state travel.
- For Windows focused candidates:
- Extensive experience supporting web-based applications built on IIS and SQL Server.
- Excellent understanding of modern Windows system administration principles including:
- PowerShell scripting
- Chef or similar Windows automation tools
- Desired State Configuration (DSC)
- For Linux focused candidates:
- Experience implementing and supporting Apache or Nginx, and relational databases systems (Postgres, MySQL)
- Familiarity with RHEL-based distros and packages
- The ability to get things done with Python
- Software or web development experience
- Public cloud (AWS or Azure) experience
- Config management/orchestration/automation tools such as Salt Stack or Chef.
- Experience supporting Team Foundation Server (TFS) and/or Visual Studio Online.
- Any relevant certifications: CCNA, Network+, MCSA/MCSE, etc.
This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position with full benefits.